| Disclaimer
  Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
  CARA Guide Line
  Where there is no Enlisted Foreign Adoption Agency (EFAA) In the case of an Indian National residing in a country where there is no Enlisted Agency, CARA may allow an organisation or individual recommended by the Indian Embassy to do the Home Study Report (HSR), undertaking as prescribed in the Guidelines and other documentation. The said application may be forwarded with the approval of the Indian Embassy to CARA.  
Wherever there is no Foreign Adoption Agency enlisted by CARA in any country, the concerned Government Department/Ministry or any authorized body of that country may forward the original application and related documents of the prospective adoptive parents to CARA through the Indian Embassy/High Commission. In case of resident non-citizens where the host Govt. may not be willing to sponsor the cases, the documentation may be done through the Embassy of the country to which the applicant belongs. Home studies however will have to be prepared by a qualified Agency/Social Worker in all cases. In case CARA receives the papers it will send those papers to any of the Recognised Indian Placement Agencies (RIPA) for further processing the case only after HSR has been approved by it. The procedure to be adopted thereafter shall be the same as indicated in the process. Foreign nationals living in India In case of foreigners who have been living in India for one year or more, the HSR and other connected documents may be prepared by the RIPA which is processing the application of such foreigners for the guardianship of the child.
An undertaking should be given by the concerned Embassy/High Commission that the child will be legally adopted in that country and also mention an agency/organization who would send the progress reports and take care of the child in case of any disruption as and when the child is taken abroad. However a certificate is required from the competent authority in the country of permanent residence of the FPAP indicating that the child shall be allowed to enter the country and get adopted in due course. Rights of the child taken abroad When the Court makes an order appointing adoptive parents as the guardians of the child, the order shall contain an undertaking of the adoptive parents that they shall protect and safeguard the best interest of the child and that the child would be legally adopted in the receiving State not later than two years from the date of the order. On such adoption in the receiving State, subject to the Laws of the country the child would have all rights recognized under International Law.
 © 2010 by Leges Adoption Juris. All right Reserved.
 Website designed & maintained by iVallage Infotech Solution.